Monday, February 28, 2011

De-Anime'd Style Meme : Valerie


Original Meme Design by:Gold-Seven
Tagged 'it' by: gearsbluerevolver

...Now, I tag you! :D
==================

I really tried to be as faithful to the design material I was emulating. Both in line and color. I feel like I've learned alot, actually. It was somewhat difficult initially to differentiate between my Disney/Marvel/Anime styles, because those are -- I guess you could say, my trifecta. So for me, this time around was about paying more attention and grabbing onto the little nuances that make each unique.

Valerie isn't a character I developed upon beginning this meme; but I feel like she's kind of developed on her own. I started with the 'Normal' - and then built subsequent interpretations based off of that first drawing. Oddly enough, I struggled with the Disney design the most. I must've drawn and redrawn my sketch at least 10 times. Even still, I'm not thoroughly convinced by it, but it'll do. Out of them all, I think my Simpsons design is the most effective. Anyway, by all means, please let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Give a shout! Show some love...or not. :P